Lately we had been enjoying more vacations than working days put together!
Ultimate enjoyment too comes with a price..Tanned hands and legs, weight gain and laziness!!!! After effects are affecting me so bad. Did I let sloth win over me or has my body completely reconciled with stress or is my overactive Omy boy not a subject of concern anymore... Is he starting to join hands with peace??Eh?
Only thing I force myself to do now is cook! Only because I HAVE to! I admit it.. what a lazy mortal am I?
I find 'one pot meals' the most trustworthy among the dishes!
Its easy, simple, involves very less execution time and they come with a minimun 90% 'yummy' guarantee. When Rajani of MyKitchenTrials came up spinach casserole, I knew that was gonna be my dinner the same day.
Well, I did tweak the recipe, rather say indianised it!
Daddy and baby found themselves digging the baking dish for more!
Spinach - 200 grams (I used Green giants frozen spinach)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 thinly sliced
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 stick
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Cooked Rice - 2 cups
All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
Milk - 1 cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup
Salt, Pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a rectangular baking dish.
- In a pan, combine the butter, flour and milk. Heat, stirring continuously to get a smooth, lump free sauce. Dilute with water or stock, if the sauce is too thick.
- In a pan, heat the oil, splutter mustard seeds and add the urad dal and fry for a few seconds. To this, add the onions, curry leaves and saute. Once onions are translucent add the chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave the frozen spinach for a minute and add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted and everything mixed up, add rice and the milk sauce to it.Mix everything till combined.
- Transfer to the baking dish, press lightly. Spread cheese evenly on top, then spread the bread crumbs all over it.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes till the top turns brown.
That's my baby enjoying the sun, food & stroller in NY